The role provides support to the Manager, office administrator and Board as services are delivered at the Company’s venues. Property maintenance and relevant duties as determined by the Board are included in the role. The position requires a person who can work in a flexible and responsive way, including occasional weekend work. They should be able to respond to instruction, take appropriate initiative, be a self-starter as situation requires.
Responsibilities and Duties
The holder of this position will be responsible for:
- Opening and securing the venues
- Ensuring that daily safety and security procedures are followed
- Ensuring that the exhibits are visitor ready on a daily basis
- Providing room set up for events from clients order under instruction from the Manager/Venue host
- General maintenance of the venues and Company properties- paintwork, electrical, heating system and housekeeping
- Providing support to community volunteers and placements, assisting with external grounds-keeping
- Facilitating and supporting the planning, management and promotion of Company activities and events.
- The role will involve record keeping, diary management and actioning booking documentation, requiring a level of computer proficiency.
- A good level of general education is required
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working under detailed health and safety procedures
- Experience of performing general maintenance tasks
- Proven initiative and ability to respond to diverse situations and demands.
Carlingford (main office in Carlingford Heritage Centre)
This post is offered on a 12 month, 39 hours per week basis and can involve weekend work. Its continuance is subject to funding from our funders.
Remuneration: Community Services rates apply
- Applications must be made by way of application form with cover letter to The Chairperson, Carlingford Heritage CLG, Carlingford Heritage Centre, Carlingford, Co Louth. Three copies of the completed application form to be supplied.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is 30th January 2020 at 1pm. No late applications will be accepted.
- Job description and application form are available on www.carlingfordheritagecentre.com/careers
- Interviews will be held on 12th February 2020 in the Station House, Carlingford.
- Please note this post may be subject to Garda Clearance.
- Carlingford Heritage CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
- This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.
Note to interested applicants:
Carlingford Heritage CLG use a competency base assessment system and a ranking and/or short-listing exercise may be carried out on the basis of information supplied in your application form. The criteria for ranking and/or shortlisting are based on the requirements of the post as outlined in the eligibility criteria and skills, competencies and/or knowledge of this job specification.